If you create business documents like letters, brochures, or newsletters, you know that their quality is representative of your organization. And to create professional-quality documents efficiently and effectively, you have to use advanced word processing functions. This online course will teach you how to use Microsoft Word 2019, the newest version of Microsoft Office/Office 365's widely-used word processing software.
Through hands-on lessons and modules, you will learn how to use a number of shortcuts and time-saving techniques to create complex documents. By the end of the course, you will know how to create and organize tables, manipulate graphics, and merge spreadsheets, amongst other functions, to turn Word into a simple desktop publishing tool.
- This course must be taken on a PC. Macs and Chromebooks are not compatible.
- PC: Windows 10 or later operating systems.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Word 2019 (desktop version) available to download with the desktop version of Microsoft 365, or Microsoft Office Home and Student 2019 (not included in enrollment)
- Note: The "Starter Version" and "Web App" versions of Microsoft will not work with the full version taught in this course.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- The software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Completion of Introduction to Microsoft Word 2019 or basic familiarity with Microsoft Word's word processing and editing.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.